Stop, Thief!

Jeremy's nice, expensive, London Fog trench coat was taken...From a coat rack...at CHURCH. SHAME ON YOU, WHOM EVER YOU ARE! Before I get carried away, I have to make the statement that I really, truly believe that someone took it by accident (Not ON accident...I have mended my ways...Rather snotty about it too.)








Still...stealing a jacket from a church seems rather pitiful and sorry to me. It's as if you are painting a giant bulls eye on the top of your head while standing on a hill on a stormy day. You are just asking for celestial retribution.





So, I printed up some nice signs for Jeremy to put up at the church, just in case the party who st....m i s t a k e n l y palmed the coat realizes he has the wrong coat. I mean, it is pretty obvious. Jeremy took the fuzzy lining out of it forever ago, and has been hanging in the closet, so the thief, I mean, Innocent-Taker-of-Other-People's-Jackets should have notices two things by now: 1) that the jacket has a zipper that goes around the entire inside of the coat, and 2) there is a pair of gloves in the pocket. Nice ones, too... We got them on sale at Wilson Leather a few years back, and despite the fact they there were a little too big for Jeremy, he insisted on getting them because, DANG IT! he deserved an ill-fitting pair of discount leather gloves, complete with fuzzy lining. I seem to recall Jeremy had me try them on right before he bought them so I could "see" how wonderful they were.



We are hoping the coat will return...We have the one left behind (Jeremy's depressed spirits caused him to besmirch the poor thing. It wasn't the coat's fault!) and Jeremy is holding it hostage in the clerk's office. So, cross your fingers!



Comments

Davola said…
Don't be a hater. It could be that one of the 3 Nephites was in dire need and knew that you could spare the jacket. You know, even the temple has locks and lockers.

I don't think because someone there is stealing stuff. It is because we don't want a 95 year old man opening the wrong locker trying to put on someone elses clothes.
Trillium said…
A coat is a coat is a coat . . . to some people. Just think how that poor soul feels or will feel when he realizes he "stole" someone else's coat.
Anonymous said…
Well, the note said "My coat was taken from this coat rack by mistake. To swap coats, please contact Jeremy, Park 11th ward clerk." So, we tried to make it sound as non-confrontational as possible. But, Jeremy has checked the coat racks for the last two weeks, and it hasn't shown up.. :( So, hopefully the person who accidentally took it will notice...?
Jen said…
He should have written his name in black magic marker on the inside of the jacket. LOL
Zaphod said…
It was accidently taken by the cat with the hairball that you were making fun of the day before. Imagine the sort of condition it is in now.
Amy said…
Yeah, I've never felt comfortable about leaving my coat on those hangers...church or not.
DebbieLou said…
The person could be out of town for the holidays, don't give up.

Popular Posts