Ode to My Diet

ODE TO MY DIET

I always count my calories

I count them every day

and if I didn't count them

I would have to say:
Calories DON'T MATTER!
But, sadly, yes they do.

I have to count my calories.

I'll count them 'till I'm blue.

Calories in my food

are like enemies closing in

To consume as many as I do

is, in fact, a sin.

So I count my little calories

I count them. You ask why?

I count and count and count and count

I count until I cry?
I count them 'cause I'm OCD

I count them 'cause I'm stressed

I count them 'cause I'm bigger than

my pants when I get dressed.

I count them 'cause it's the only way

that I can carefully keep track

of the stuff I place in my mouth

from a crinkley, shiney sack.

I count them out of wonder,

I see the numbers whizzing by

I count them 'cause it's so fun

to count numbers that are high.

Calories, oh Calories,

I love you, but I don't...

I would love to stop counting you,

but we both know I won't.

Comments

Rebecca's Oasis said…
counting counting counting... :)

Diets are overrated. You gain some you lose some... :)

If you feel like having a chocolate brownie have one. I do. :)
DebbieLou said…
The Michael Thurman diet worked well for me. You don't have to count calories. In fact, you have to eat 6 meals a day! :)

Instead of counting calories, you have to measure, cut, and do a lot of other work that can be tedious though. Too much work for me now, watching needy kids and all. That's why you won't see any pictures up of me any time soon! :/
Anonymous said…
LOL! Me either...sigh...
Amy said…
I don't count them cuz I have this hope that if I don't count them...they don't count.
Anonymous said…
the food you eat in the temple or at ward dinners is calorie free, too. :)
Tiffany said…
i think if i don't count them maybe they're not really there !

Popular Posts