Terrible Love

Jeremy says this a lot when I am mad.



It inspired me.



I thought, "Gee, that would make a great poem!" and I could feel the Sendak Effect blossom, with pictures of "WE'LL EAT YOU UP, WE LOVE YOU SO!" dancing in my head.



I haven't written the poem yet, because everything I come up with sounds semi-abusive, and I'm afraid people would get the wrong idea ("I LOVE YOU WITH A TERRIBLE LOVE! WITH PUSH, AND BITE, AND KICK, AND SHOVE!").



I think Jeremy is my muse (can boys be muses??).



He would look great in a toga, and a wreath on his head...



And man-sandals...



And some sort of scroll in his hand, or maybe a weapon...



Yeah.





Julius Caesar, eat your heart out.

Comments

Trillium said…
what a good sport he is! :)
Rebecca's Oasis said…
that's a funny picture.

Popular Posts