Fat As Butter


















































Do you ever think about what it would be like if we had to chase down our food?




How much more satisfying it would be?




How much healthier we would be?




I was thinking about it last night (hence the drawing today) as I lay in my husband's arms and cried because those three candy bars and the two pieces of pie I ate didn't put up any sort of fight.




My good husband reassured me that I wasn't fat, and that I looked great.




My body disagrees.




Profoundly.




And proclaims my unfitness as it struggles to breath as I traipse up the stairs.






I have the opposite problem of the Tawny Scrawny Lion.




"Oh me, oh my I'm hungry, can't seem to get my fill...I'd be fat as a butterball...if you all would just stand still!"




Frankly, I would be glad if I had to catch my own food.




Makes me wish that candy bars had legs, for two reasons: One, I would have to chase them down, thus burning calories, and two, I wouldn't eat them because, really, if a candy bar had legs that would be highly disturbing.




I mean, would you eat a candy bar that had eight legs and spun a web? I don't think so.

Comments

Rebecca's Oasis said…
you should live with us. We chase our food! Your pictures are great!
Katscratchme said…
You gave me the massive jibblies with the eight-legged candy bar... just so you know.
Trillium said…
If you had to chase your food, it would primarily be of the lean meat on the hoof variety. And you'd eat it raw. Just sayin....
Les said…
If I had to catch my food I think I would die of starvation. I totally enjoy the convenience ie laziness required to go to the refrigerator an pull something out. Give yourself some credit though, you did just have a baby, and you have 3 other children, 4 good reasons why it is difficult to work off the baby weight. Besides I love ya just the way you are!
Zaphod said…
Yes and what if the food you were chasing suddenly turned around and took a chunk out of your kneecap? We would probably have to rename the Almond Joy.

Popular Posts