Gifts



I have been lifting weights for the last month, and I have to admit, it is nice seeing progress and that my bat-flaps are shrinking. It made me think, though...







Dad has had a desk job for practically his entire working life. And now, as a retiree, he just sits in his office and plays "Guild Wars" all day...Oh! I mean, he "works" at his computer all day (well, except for the obligatory Sci-Fi hour when he plops himself in front of the TV and watches Star Trek re-runs and eats a bottle of salad dressing with a lettuce garnish on top.)






Despite all this sitting around, Dad still has these giant man muscles. He flexes and ga-BOING! Perhaps its all that typing and mouse manuvering...


Anywho, Jeremy is the same way. He sits at his desk all day, and yet, he has these man muscles that seem to be part of his bone structure.
I, on the other hand, am squishy unless I am pumping my puny 5 lbs weights, three days a week, for months. What is up with that???





I came to the conclusion that God made men muscley and women squishy....why? I don't know. Perhaps its to keep us ladies in line. If we could be muscley without any effort (like men are) we wouldn't need men. We are already good at everything else, if we were muscley too, men would be superfluous. I imagined if it was the other way around, women being muscley, and men being squishy: Would we, as amazons, feel inclined to protect our weaker counterparts? Some how I think it would annoy us that our squishy mates were helpless, and we would just end up chucking them off the nearest mountains.





Obviously, God knew what he was doing. Men, along with their rippling pectorals, have the need to protect. Women do to, but it is different. God gave the best combination of gifts. Just another proof that He is looking out for us, and making us what we need to be to help eachother through life!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just as a disclaimer, I DO NOT think men are dumb at all... I realize I might offend some people, but I was just being silly! SILLY I SAY! :D
Anonymous said…
Nor do I think that women are better than men! I AM SILLY! SIIIILLLYYY!
DebbieLou said…
Well, Silly Willy, you made me laugh! :)
Rebecca's Oasis said…
Try wrestling a 240 lb husband - my muscles have doubled in size over the past 14 years so that I could fend off the Hispanic Muscle Block that is my husband.

beenega: been egging on the muscley husband.
Amy said…
I NEVER thought about it like that before. You're funny...and so right.
Davola said…
well, if women were all muscles then men would be gay. End of the human race!
Zaphod said…
Well...... 'nuff said
Zaphod said…
By the way, I don't play Guild Wars all day. I read blogs all day.

deocof: What you get when you sing too many Harry Belafonte songs (Let's see which of you silly gooses can figure that one out!)

Popular Posts