Moths...Aaaahhhhggg, SICK!

I remember being a kid, and being fascinated by flying insects. The pretty ones, you know...like butterflies, or dragonflies...
But the ones I absolutely HATED (and I am not entirely sure why) were moths. They just seemed like a cheap imitation...like they were trying desperately to be butterflies, and failed miserably.



Apparently, there was a multitude of others in the world who despised these nasty creatures, and thus came into existence Moth balls! What a great idea...the only problem with them is that it repels everybody (it makes my eyes water just thinking about them...), kinda like garlic is supposed to repel vampires, but the truth is really that the smell is repugnant to everybody on the planet..except me. I really like garlic. In fact, as a newly wed, my poor husband had to endure a dinner I made where I added about a cup of garlic-salt to the main dish. It just smelled so good cooking that I didn't think it would hurt the poor ground beef. But, back to the moths...







(sheesh...it looks like a grasshopper

that taped old newspaper to it's back..yuck *shuddering*)



In the monsoon season one year in New Mexico, we had a huge influx of moths, and I actually wrote a story about it, that was particularly funny, about how I kept smacking them and they would miraculously just keep getting up, and eventually having to throw them all in the toilet, which seemed to work for a while, but they kept reappearing...


Moths are know for doing horrible things, like being gross, impersonating flying wads of used toilet paper, and eating holes in clothes. I personally have never experienced the latter, but I have heard it so it must be true, because people don't ever say things unless they are the absolute truth, right? Hence the moth balls ("yeah, HENCE!").


The reason I bring this all up is because I found a moth in my son's dresser...a BIG one. It was sitting in the drawer that my son had opened and was gnawing on his pants.




It must still be a larva because it has no wings. I don't think I can fit this one in the toilet. And it must be a new breed because it screams when it is provoked. Must be a relative of the Hissing Beetle...Screaming Moth....

Comments

Chris said…
COOL! I am the first one to leave a comment!
Chris said…
You're right, moths are lousy imitations of cooler bugs. Kind of like when you buy a Corola instead of a Camry, or an Altima instead of a Maxima. Or, a Celeron instead of a Pentium. The list goes on and on. Bad moth, bad moth!!

Those moth balls didn't work too good. I could never throw them fast enough to hurt any of them. What they need to invent now is a Moth Ball Gun.

Talking about putting too much ingredient into a dish, ask Tammy about the time I added too much basil to a dish...
Anonymous said…
LOL! Hmmm...I will definately ask for that story...hehehehe...
leafhopper said…
Moths! I've been invaded (not by the large chewing ones in my drawers) but the real creepy thing. I do have to say that they are brainless, they sit still on the walls or carpet as if saying haha you can't see me, and repeatedly throw themselves toward the light. Well, I show them the way toward the light by catching them in my hand and throwing them in the toiet to watch them spin away, then frantically wash my hands!
Anonymous said…
EWWWWWW!!!! YOU TOUCHED THEM!!!! YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK! THAT SENT A SHIVER UP AND DOWN MY BODY! BLLLLAAAAACCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
leafhopper said…
LOL!! I knew that would get you!
Anonymous said…
so, Tammy, I want to hear the "too much basil" story... :D
Chris said…
The too much basil story has now been revealed. You can read about it here:

http://slimebros.blogspot.com/2008/09/basal-vs-basil.html

oowevv

P.S. When is this word verification going to stop?

Popular Posts