Where I've Been: My Brain Went On Walk-About

Have you ever been so overwhelmed that you sort of check out?

That's what I've been doing.

Brain was like, "Nope."

I heard a door slam, and then I was alone.

The last two years have been stupid awful, and now that we're mostly settled in our new home, I'm starting to see the light. I kinda hate it, though, since I've gone all Gollum, and bright lights hurt my eyes (living in a basement for 12 years will do that...).


After all the initial hissing at the sun stopped, I've been able to take in my life.

It's almost like all the pieces have been thrown on the ground in front of me, and now I just need to get down there and start putting them together.

It's gonna take a while. But Brain was courteous enough to come back after all boxes were unpacked, so I'm not too worried about it.


I'm at the point where I can look at that 10,000,000,000 piece puzzle, nod at it appreciatively and get to it.

Tomorrow, that is. Brain snuck out again today.

Comments

Popular Posts