Fritos: the magical health food!



Sorry if you found that slightly inappropriate. I don't. But I know I should.

Anyway, so it's another week.

I weighed in on Monday at 169 lbs (1 pound loss). I walked about 11 miles, and did 3 extra workouts.

I was pretty disappointed by my 1-pound loss. (I know, I know, a pound is a lot. I mean, if you pick up a 1-pound weight, it's pretty hefty.)

I wasn't surprised, though.

I have convinced myself (erroneously) that Fritos are a health food.

I mean, they only have three ingredients: Corn, corn oil, and salt.

That's tantamount to being a whole food!

Right??

I mean, if you look at a Cheetos label, it's a whole different story. Twenty-four unpronounceable ingredients.

And, I'm sorry, but that orange color is not found in nature.Consuming that color will result in premature death.

So, Fritos should be a regular part of my diet.

Whole food, baby.

 Unfortunately, as much as I want to believe it, it's not the case.

I'd be better off eating a cob of corn slathered in butter. And, it would taste just as good. And it would be better for me...never mind that it makes me angry that they sell ears of corn for .50 down at WinCo...highway robbery....

So, I've given up Fritos. (I should probably give up chocolate chips, too. I'm pretty sure they make Leah's stomach angry, which is probably why she looks sort of unsure when I try to nurse her. But, chocolate will always be a health food to me. Mostly mental health, but health just the same.)

But, not because they really aren't a health food.

I've discovered that they make me really sick.

I've woken up twice now in the middle of the night sick to my stomach after eating them.

Apparently my body knew what was up, and was rejecting the whole-food-that-was-not.

Probably a good thing.

If this wasn't the case, I would probably be found dead in a pile of empty Fritos bags someday.

With a giant smile on my face....

Moral of the story: Chips aren't health food. Just in case you didn't know that. A salt craving could mean that you are dehydrated, so instead of eating chips, drink a glass of water.



Comments

Popular Posts