Catchin' Some

I climbed into bed last night, and I'll admit it, I was a little giddy.

Jeremy had his nose in a book, and I glanced at him, a huge grin on my face.

"This is my favorite time of day!" I blurted out.

"Hmmm," he replied.

"I get to sleep!" I finished, not really caring that he wasn't paying attention to my obvious glee.

I have developed a relationship with my pillow so I really don't need Jeremy anymore.

I can't snuggle with him, anyway, you know, because of, well, potential spilled milk. I have to lay flat on my back. But, hey, I couldn't for 6 months, so I'm okay with that.

Leah has been gracious enough to let me sleep in three hour chunks at night, which is completely fabulous. Sometimes when griping thoughts creep in I remind myself that she is, after all, only a week and a half old, and she is doing rather well for her young age.

Infants are some of my most favorite people on earth. I love how floppy they are. And I love how they will flail their arms around, punch themselves in the eye, and then scratch their fat little cheeks and then look around like, "Who is touching my face??!" Ha ha ha! Makes waking up at 4 AM worth every second of lost sleep.

I love being a mom. I really do.


Comments

Popular Posts