Answers

Okay, so since a few of you wanted to know the gritty details, I am dedicating this blog to answering all the questions that have been asked!

What is your due date?  Since this is a public forum, I will refrain from giving a due date, but will say that I will be having a baby sometime next year.

Was it planned? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

In all seriousness, I have to say that, yes, the baby was planned for,but came just a few (or many) months early. Jeremy and I have been talking about it for quite some time, and we decided that it would be good to wait until next spring, and then we could have a Christmas baby (one of my longed-for goals). Yes, yes, I know, blah blah, Christmas is a horrible time to have a birthday, blah blah...Don't knock my fantasy.

Anyway, God has a great sense of humor, and waited until Jeremy and I had made our decision to plan our lives just so to send us a little blob. He did the same thing with Josh. "Oh, Jeremy! I'm so excited to go to graduate school! And just think of all the money I will make, and I'll be able to put you through school!" And God laughed.

Do you want to have a big family? What? Four isn't a big family? Did I miss a memo somewhere??

Just kidding! Well, I'll tell you something...the more children I have, the more I feel how divine a thing it is to bear and have children. Some have said I am addicted, and I guess in a way I am. Nothing brings you so close to heaven as birth, when life and death touch. It's a beautiful thing, and I am more than happy to do it.

I really like my little people, and so adding another was just a matter of course. In fact, I was thinking to myself the other day, "Gee, I'm only two away from seven, and half way to ten...hmmm..." and then I tried to figure out how many kids I can squeeze in during my good birthing years. And then morning sickness set in and the idea of doing it again after this one put me into a fetal position.

So, yes, I would love a big family. I am the last of seven, and grew up in a crowd, as Mom put it. That being said...

Are there more "secrets" in the future? I hope not. I'll tell you why...

Pregnancy is really hard on my body, my children, my husband, my extended family, my neighbors, my deleted and refriended facebook friends, my cat, and my neat-freakness.

I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant (except for the magical 2nd trimester), but do enjoy the end result of  my very own bologna loaf I get to take home after a two day spa treatment at the hospital.

I don't like that everything makes me want to gag. Like just now when Lily found something exciting in her nose, felt the need to show me, and then sealed the deal by eating it....excuse me a moment...*barf*

I don't like that everything makes me weep and doubt myself day in and day out in the first trimester, and I'm pretty sure it freaks Jeremy out when I'm a crying mess on our bed at night, every night, for weeks.

Physical and emotional stress aside, I think that five is a great number. Not that ten wouldn't be great, but I would be very surprised if I managed to keep my body together if I had more kids.

I think that having my three little women sandwiched between two boys would be perfect. Which brings me to....

What are you rooting for? Boy or Girl? I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to end this all with a boy. And if I don't get one, will I keep trying for one, you ask yourself ? No. Absolutely not.

When I was younger, I knew two families in Albuquerque that had a whole bunch of boys (they actually had sisters, I found out later, but in my crazy teenage mind, I thought they were families of all boys, but that's not the point), and they were just incredible. They were kind, and polite (and very cute, but, again, that's not the point), fun, smart, friendly, athletic, spiritual, just all-around great guys, and I thought to myself then that having a whole bunch of boys in a row just like them would be fantastic!

I then had Josh, and decided that one boy was enough.

But, after having three girls, the estrogen just might make my house implode if I have another girl, and Jeremy and Josh might take to hiding in the garage as the girls get older...

What it boils down to, however, is that a baby is a wonderful thing, and boy or girl, I will love and cherish them.

But I want a boy.

I have picked out a name, but Jeremy isn't sold on it yet. I may have to just pull a fast one on him and sign all the papers and everything while he is preoccupied after I have the baby.

Hey, I'm the one lugging the baby around in my abdomen. I think I get first dibs on naming them.

So, there ya go. If you have any other question, too bad. This made me really tired.

Comments

Kristin said…
Haha! I love it! Thank you! Agree with the first dibs on names thing. Especially if Jeremy is anything like Brandon and shoots everything down without offering any viable alternatives. With Lizah, I finally just said, "this is her name until you can come up with something better!" which he didn't. And it grew on him. I used to want five kids minimum. Now I'm starting to realize just how many kids that is! I don't know if I'll make it. The fact that I have horrible pregnancies, think 1st trimester exhaustion the entire nine months. I'm not lucky enough to have magical 2 nd trimesters. Then with the hemorrhaging on top of that each time. I really don't know if I can do if much more. I just love babies though. I think it's going to be hard for me to decide I'm done. Which I'm not. I am eagerly awaiting the news as to whether it's a boy or girl! Although, I assume that's a little ways out!

Popular Posts