I am what I am


















I think everyone is too hard on themselves.



We always want what other people have, and belittle what is "us."



Well, today is the day to stop, and rejoice in what you are!



I mean, if everybody was, say, strawberry ice cream, we would all get bored pretty fast.



So, let's have some rockyroad, and some butter pecan, and some cookie dough, and some vanilla bean! Let's go crazy people!



I used to think that so many people I knew were "beautiful." But I was never "beautiful." But then I realized one day, that all those people I thought were attractive, smart, and awesome, were attractive, smart, and awesome in totally different ways from each other, and yet I could still say that about each and every one of them.



So, here's to loving our own quirks, and flaws, and our awesome-nesses, and our skills!



No more feeling perpetually bad about yourself!



(Although, I do have lingering guilt about spending so much time on the computer...and stealing Jenny Dexter's barbies when I was 9....



...and her barbie shoes...)



Jeremy and I were talking to Josh yesterday about how special each one of them kids are (whoa, brain glitch). We said, "There is only one Josh in the world. Others may have your name, but there is only one you. We don't get another one if you are gone."



I think we need to remember that about each other, and ourselves. We are not replaceable. We each have something the world wouldn't be the same without.



So, I proudly say to one and all, I am a big ol' gallon sized container of Moose Tracks, all full of chocolately-peanutbuttery-fudgey goodness. Some people may not like it, but that's okay. I think I'm tasty, and that's all that matters.

Comments

Trillium said…
True, so true! Here's to UNIQUE!
And to quote that famous sailorman: I YAM WHAT I YAM!
Katscratchme said…
I'm a turtle sundae.. but with chocolate covered almonds instead of pecans. ;)
Steven said…
Being original is a good thing: we are not Smurfs! I like to to think of myself as Neapolitan--I have layers :)
Rebecca's Oasis said…
I'm not icecream! I am pie. I am a kalua cream cheese pie with dark cookie crust and creamy whip cream! I am smoothy and creamy with a crunchy outer shell.

Popular Posts