So Sweet To Eat

















I don't know when it happened, but I became one of "those" moms...







You know, the mom who hides candy from their kids.




So they can eat it in peace.




Without having to hear this:

I wouldn't have made a very good witch who uses candy to lure children into their home. I just really don't like sharing my candy with little people who don't understand what it is to savor a piece of chocolate. Most of the time, they just smear it on their faces, the carpet, walls, clothes, me (although, I might just be desperate enough to lick it off myself)....






I was in the kitchen, and starting to get a little frantic.





I wanted to eat the only treat my house afforded: vanilla ice cream, with chocolate chips sprinkled on top, and an overly ripe banana, potentially strewn about the ice cream like so much tropical fruit shrapnel.






But I knew, KNEW, that as soon as I got that combination in a bowl the kids would smell 1) the sugar, and 2) my fear.






But, Fate, my friends, smiled upon me.




At that moment, Joshua walked into the kitchen, (perhaps his sugar receptors could sense the ensuing treat...).






"Josh, would you please go play in the playroom?" I asked in a sweet, but strained, tone.






He huffed.






"I don't want to!"






"Josh, if you aren't going to be obedient..."






"I DON'T WANT TO!" His sugar receptors screamed, sure now of my intentions to eat something sweet.






"Okay, fine, it's quiet time. Go to your room." Yay!






Ah...






Let me tell you, nothing tastes so good as when you are eating something and KNOW you purposefully aren't sharing.






I'm just sayin'.

Comments

Popular Posts