B Happy



Nausea set in last week.




And if this pregnancy is anything like the other three, I knew I was in for the long haul. That meant I had (have) 6-8 more weeks of feeling like a newbie sailor who just got his feet wet after his father kicked him out the door, telling him he was doing him a favor, and to make an impact on the world, and to not come back until he had made something of himself. He and I are on the precipice of something exciting, and are both quietly puking over the side of the boat.




My first thought was, "Gee, I should eat crackers." So, I bought a box of Saltines. They work GREAT, except I hate them now after one day, so I stopped. Plus, they were going too quickly, since the kids thought they were some kind of magical treat.




Then I was thinking, "Gee, I should eat my vitamins." So, I dragged out my dusty collection of vitamins and carefully sorted out the ones I knew would make me throw up. That left Vitamin D-3, Folic Acid, and a Vitamin B supplement.




It was just three, and I argued with my body that those three little things were no reason to spill breakfast onto the floor. It glared at me, and gave me the "just give me a reason" look. I popped the suckers into my mouth, took a swig of juice, swallowed, and waited.

So far, so good.

I then ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese (which was followed by me eating Eva's bowl of macaroni and cheese, and I was making eyes at Josh's bowl, but he wisely carted it away) and started feeling pretty good (not perfect, just semi-not-as-nasty-feeling...kind of like the nausea was more of an annoying bug than a stalking velociraptor). I thought, "Wow! Macaroni and Cheese is a lifesaver!"




It could be I suppose, but my brain slowly caught up with me (it had been slowly rolling after me down the hallway) and reminded me that B vitamins are supposed to help with nausea, B-6 specifically. "Oh, yeah!" I exclaimed, smacking my forehead. When I came to, I discovered that Eva had studiously been applying Strawberry Shortcake stickers to my face, to no doubt go with the ones she had carefully placed on our headboard and Jeremy's side of the bed.




So, I am going to faithfully eat my lovely B vitamins everyday. Now I just need to find a cure for the ever-present tiredness.

Comments

Unknown said…
You did this to yourself. LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist. he he
I'm sorry you feel yucky. (I'm a total mom, can't think of a better way to phrase it.)
Vitamin B6 is great for the stomach! And iron can make it worse, so be careful how much of that you're consuming.
My tiredness has returned, I hate it. I never want to do anything and once I finally get the motivation to get of my pregnant butt and do something, I'm so tired afterward that I start the cycle all over again!
I hope for your sake you get feeling better faster, taking care of one baby while growing another is hard work!
Les said…
I didn't feel well with James and I used ginger to help calm my stomach. Ginger Ale is great a settling the stomach however most ginger ale doesn't contain ginger so I bought Sprite and added powdered ginger to it as I drank it. I also added just a little bit of powdered ginger to the food I ate and I was able to then keep most stuff down. Congrats! We are excited for you!
Tina said…
Try something sour like sour patch kids or sprees. That seemed to help me. Good luck. All of us moms know exactly what you are going through. The end result is totally worth it!!!!!

Popular Posts