Piddle

In October, I'll be host to witches, goblins, and a ghost.

I'll serve them chicken soup on toast.

Whoopie once, whoopie twice

Whoppie chicken soup with rice.


~Maurice Sendak


I have a wanna-be nudist.

Eva discovered a while ago that going au naturale was exciting and we have since invested in diaper pin stocks.
After a time, it seemed that she got over the desire to be naked, and we stopped pinning her clothes on. I think she was biding her time...


Last weekend, we plopped our cranky 2-year-old in her bed for a nap, closed the door, and promptly tried to forget what having a 2-year-old is like. We went about our business...and an hour later I heard the tell-tale sounds of a not-so-asleep little girl playing with her toys.

I went into her bedroom, and there, on the floor, was a diaper...with quite a few escapee poos surrounding it. Two little eyes peaked out from behind Joshua's bed. The look was a mix of pride, terror, amusement, and shame.

I quickly told her how naughty she was, slapped some clothes on her bare body, used about 80 pins to keep her clothes on, plopped her back in bed, and started to clean up the mess. And OH, what a mess it was.


The poo was easy.

The piddle...

She somehow managed to piddle into her doll's tiny shoe. A LOT.

And she desecrated about 5 books which all had to be tossed.

Among the ravaged books were two books by Maurice Sendak (one of my favorite authors) ...the new ones I bought. Sigh...
I thought to myself, "Okay, I can understand piddling on "Noah" (I mean, it makes sense), and on that dumb bunny counting book, and even the silly book with the turkey with purple socks, but why "Chicken soup with rice" and "Where the wild things are"????!!! Perhaps Eva hasn't caught the vision...kind of like I haven't caught Dad's fervor for "Lord of the Rings" (Although, I didn't go so far as to piddle on any of those. Can you say "death by extremely violent tongue-lashing"? Despite the old adage, words do hurt, especially when wielded by a pro. Dad's like the Ultimate Jedi Knight of Linguistics and words are his Light Saber.).
As a kid, I would sit in Mom's closet with the stack of Sendak books we owned and read along with the books on tape (Narrated by the talented Tammy Grimes). I have all of them memorized. Who could help it? They are catchy (and can I tell you how EXCITED I AM FOR "Where the Wild Things Are" TO COME OUT IN THEATERS?????!!!!!!). I always hoped my kids would enjoy them as well, not piddle on them.


Oh well...It's impossible to stay mad at Eva. Even while telling her how naughty she was, I just wanted to squeeze her because of the heartbroken look on her face.

Whoopie once, whoopie twice, whoopie chicken soup with rice.

Comments

Katscratchme said…
Audrey has stopped stripping, thankfully... the current problem is her diapers not holding all the piddle she can conjure up overnight...
Anonymous said…
Time for a bigger size, my friend!
Anonymous said…
By the way, the phrase "conjure up" piddle produced an interesting mind picture. LOL!
Rebecca's Oasis said…
i have several parts of many of those books memorized - mostly due to the extreme reading when you weren't using mom's tapes. :)

I also enjoy them and have often recited parts of them to my children; husband; co-workers and friends who all think I am crazy. :)

I am excited about seeing Where the Wild Things Are. My children and my husband are game, which means I get to see it the first night it comes out. :)

Good luck with the stripping :)
Katscratchme said…
Light saber is right!
Tiffany said…
oh the joys of motherhood right!
Tara said…
*Wistfully* I wanna be a nudist too. Though I really don't see myself piddling on books...

Popular Posts