Just a thought...



So, I was eating some salad today, and at the bottom of the bowl was a tiny, red tomato. I asked myself, "Has anyone definitively said exactly what a tomato is??" My Aunt Anne would say they are the fru-ets of the de-veel (they are from the deadly nightshade family). I just call them gross. So, I have decided that since people are still debating whether or not they are a fruit or a vegetable, I am going to classify them as a grain.
That's right people! Tomatoes are a GRAIN!


HA HA HA HA!

Comments

Katscratchme said…
I think I'll classify them as an "I DON'T GIVE A FLYING CRAP"

Yes, this is a tomato(e) of the I DON'T GIVE A FLYING CRAP family.
Rebecca's Oasis said…
Evan doesn't like tomatoes either. It's kind of funny.
Trillium said…
Some people call them "love apples." Some superstitiousness from the dark ages.
Zaphod said…
I call them "love apples" too, because I am a superstition from the dark ages. In those days, we ate tomatoes in the dark, when the sun, the moon, and the stars could not shine, because we were lying on our backs with tomatoes over our eyes. We stayed like that for ages, in the dark, afraid that someone might point out that these little red globs were not "love apples", a fruit, but were "love turnips", a vegetable. Most of our contrariness can be explained by mentioning that we did all this while floating down one of the rivers of Egypt while riding on a papyrus raft, "We are the Fruits of Denial"
Anonymous said…
:| Okaaaaayyyy..........Thanks for that, Dad.
Zaphod said…
You are quite welcome!!!!
Amy said…
If I can't eat it in a pie...it's a vegetable.

Popular Posts