Huh?

Have you heard of buyer's remorse? Well, there is such a things as eater's remorse.
This morning, I sprang out of bed, rushed into my kitchen, grabbed 3 trashbags, and began throwing out all the bad food in my house. And I am pleased to say that none remain...(nevermind the pizza Jeremy is purchasing this very moment.).

I am rather proud of myself!

I came to the conclusion last night that light icecream is of the devil. I decided, as I lovingly licked my chilly spoon, that eating 8 bowls of "light" icecream isn't any better than eating 3 bowls of regular icecream, and, obviously since my will-power is what it is, I shouldn't have anymore. Plus it would be cheaper just to buy one container of regular icecream instead of four "light" containers. The great big lie of "light" icecream (and manufacturers know this) is "Hey, it's light! I can eat more! Throw another carton in the basket, honey! We're eat'n light tonight!"

Anyway...

I really want to live a long life. There are two ways to do this, I have concluded: One, I can eat all sorts of crap, and the preservatives alone will keep me alive; or two, I can eat healthily (again, nevermind the pizza Jeremy is bringing home...I can smell it...).

I keep thinking of mother Eve...she didn't have anything (probably) except whole foods (of course it is entirely possible that the Garden of Eden had chocolate trees...can you imagine? To the south is the chocolate caramel tree (so that the insides are warm...) to the north is the peppermint patty tree... Maybe the forbidden fruit was a cherry cordial...? Or chocolate dipped strawberries...? Or a ferrero rochet (what??! it has a hazel nut in it...Who's to say the forbidden fruit wasn't a nut? Maybe it was a chocolate covered pistaschio? Or chocolate almonds? Or...)).

I am hungry...

Comments

Trillium said…
This is reverse psychology, right? You pretend to eat all this stuff merely to tempt the rest of us. And the REAL truth is you are living on bean sprouts and alfalfa!!

Popular Posts