Brain vs. Flab

My body wants me to be fat. It told me so the other day, and keeps shouting at me that it wants chocolate.
I gave in yesterday, and ate two (count them, TWO) Costco Double Chocolate muffins. Each has 700 calories. 700. That's like eating 10 apples, but without the healthy benefit, and the diarrhea.

I swore off dieting after my trip, because I was so miserable when I failed.
BUT, my brain, the elephant that it is, remembers and has hardwired itself to diet (never mind the elephant my body wants to become.).

Even though I said, "I am not dieting anymore!" and was willing to just fail at the Biggest Loser contest, my brain kept counting my calories: "Gee, those strawberries are so good for you! 48 calories! That pizza is bad bad bad! 3,840,398 calories!"

Obviously my brain is stronger than my flab. It's a good thing too.

Another thing that kept my diet ticking was a picture I saw of myself 15 lbs ago. That was MAJOR incentive. Gosh I was cute then...

So, to all out there struggling as I, keep it up! We can all do it! I found a website that tells you what you should eat and what portions though out the day, and because it is pretty flexible, it has been easier for me to monitor my diet without going crazy. I know what I have used and what I have left. I made up a little chart with boxes so I can check off things I have used up for the day. For instance, due to my love of toast, I have used up my fats for today, and I have 3 starches left.

So, since I really want to lose 2 lbs a week, I have a deficit of 1000 calories a day (REALLY HARD, BE WARNED!). That's probably why I am cranky. But I am cranky when I am not dieting, so I would rather be cranky for 15 weeks until I lose all the weight, than cranky for life. Because obviously my brain won't let me be complacently fat. Darn brain.

Comments

Amy said…
If you're sure you want to lose some weight, I will cheer you on. It's more fun watching someone else lose weight anyway.
Katscratchme said…
Though I am not competing, from what I've been able to tell reading everyone's blogs, competition can be motivation but it doesn't have staying power.
What really has staying power is the desire to have a healthy lifestyle and how great it makes you feel when you do. You're headed in the right direction. Keep it up. :-x
Anonymous said…
Awww...thanks guys!
Trillium said…
"Fruits, vegetables, and exercise are my friends" -- repeat this mantra 1000 times! LOL

Popular Posts