Steak and Muffin Tops

Somewhere in the scriptures, it talks about milk and meat: You shouldn't give those who can't handle meat a steak, but something easier, like milk, until they have that which is needed to rip into the tasty morsel. I believe they were talking about those new in the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a rather descriptive and inspiring notion.






As I was socializing with my children this morning, I realized that children come in these categories as well, but with a different twist.


Joshua is a steak. A big, juicy steak. You need your entire artilery of cutlery just to deal with him, but when you season him in the right way, you are rewarded with a burst of flavor which is to die for.





Eva is a muffin top. You can eat her up all day long, and never get sick of her. All you need is your fingers, and not necessarily any teeth to deal with her, and she is sweet sweet sweet every time.








I think Heavenly Father gave me steak first for a reason. After all, He did say the He wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle--with His help of course. It may seem out of order, what with no appetizer (although, Jeremy can double for fried zucchini...yum...), and where the side salad went, I have no idea. But I am full (in a good way)! So far, anyway. There may come a time when Heavenly Father sees fit to bless me with some cream of broccoli soup, in all it's savory warmth, and some soft, buttery bread sticks to go with it. Who knows?


P.S. As I was thinking about it, steak has protein, which is necessary for building muscle (WOW! Very symbolic, wouldn't you say? Joshua builds my "muscles."). But the fat in Muffins is also necessary to appease your system (My soft, squishy Eva calms my soul!). Ah...I think it is going to be a good day!

Comments

Jen said…
Mmmmm. . .now I'm hungry.
Katscratchme said…
Are you still dieting? You sure talk about food a lot these days.
Trillium said…
Now we know what you REALLY mean when you say you want to EAT your children! LOL
Anonymous said…
Heheh! it's true...

Popular Posts