Magnets

Joshua loves magnets. When we were living with Mom and Dad, he would try and grab all of the magnets off their fridge and then put them in a cup, or in his mouth. So, being the paranoid little mommy I was about his playing being a learning experience, I got him letter magnets. We still have them, and every day, Joshua comes up to me and asks for them. He has started spelling things with them, like "stop," "Joshua," "toy," and "go," but most of the time he throws them all over the kitchen, or behind the chair in the living room. He has also started sorting the colors. Today's color of choice was green, just in case you were wondering.



Eva has been a keen observer of Joshua's adventures, and today, she was following him around, and putting the magnets he was throwing around into the Ziploc bag they belong in (my tidy gene must have been passed on...HALLELUJAH! She also got Jeremy's unplug-every-light gene, resulting in some gentle pats on her bottom and a firm "NO!" which has, both times, caused her to weep heart-broken tears...yes, my name is Dara and I am a bad parent.)




It is fun to watch the kids develop and discover how the world works. As I was "working" at the computer today, Eva, who was sitting next to me on the floor, had a pile of letter magnets she was playing with. As I looked over the edge of the desk I noticed she was trying to get the magnets to stick to the side of the wooden desk, and no matter how hard she tried, the laws of magnetics wouldn't humor her. She finally moved on to the fridge, where nature did oblige. I wonder if she realized that the fridge was the place where magnets worked, or if she just thought that the desk was mean...?

Comments

Trillium said…
Cute. Cute. Cute. :)
Katscratchme said…
What a mean desk!
I'm constantly amazed at how much Audrey works out in her brain on her own. She puts things together that I wouldn't believe at her age!
Kids are awesome.

P.S. I hope Henry is just as "smart" as Audrey... I'll really feel bad for not taking my Fish Oil if he isn't as quick to catch on.
Jen said…
Just make sure she doesn't try to put the magnets in the toilet . . . you could have a problem there. . .
Anonymous said…
LOL! I think you will be okay, Em! I think smartness is an innate characteristic...but it can be helped along by enthusiastic parents!
rigor: need I say more?
Anonymous said…
Funny you should mention that Jenny...Joshua came out of the bathroom with his pants down, desiring (not to be gross) to be wiped..ahem...anyway, Eva toddled into the bathroom and right when I got there she had her hand (magnet included) in the toilet. My firm "NO!" again produced a weeping, broken-hearted child. Sigh....
DebbieLou said…
Ah, if only I were a child again in certain aspects! Discovering is the best!

Popular Posts