Balls and stuff

I know this is my third blog in as many days, but I am feeling chatty. :)

Every Tuesday and Thursday, my kids and I go over to go to my parents' and Jenny's ward builiding and mess around with Jenny and Lisa (Lisa just moved into my parents' ward. Which is also Jenny's ward, if you didn't catch that.)

As it is, between four people, there usually aren't enough basket balls to go around, and Joshua inevitably runs around and tries to get lost, or sits on the floor and laments the fact that he doesn't have sole possession of the ball. I had previously decided that a basket ball would be a great Christmas present for him, and left it at that...Then I realized that I wouldn't have peace until I got him his very own basket ball which he can hog to his hearts content.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning, steeling myself for the steep price of a basket ball, and was pleasantly surprised that they were only $4! YAY! I was going to get Eva one too, but I got her a Super Bouncer instead. After handing Joshua a basket ball, I handed her the red ball, and she grabbed on quickly, just in case somebody took it. She mostly just liked resting her head on it.

It's surprising how quiet children can be when they are completely occupied. Needless to say the rest of our Wal-Mart trip was pleasant.

As we sat in the car, I made sure everybody had their own ball, and drove off. Since Eva has been trying to express herself more verbally, I thought I would identify what she was holding.

"Eva!" I said. "It's a ball!"
"Da Da!
"No, ball! Ball!"
"Da Da!"
"BALL!"
"DA DA!"
"BAAAALLLLL!"
"DAAAA DAAA!"
She started laughing after the last "DAAAA DAAAA!" and I figured I should just give up. Silly kids... :)

Comments

Trillium said…
I think she is going to be a tease. Hmmmmmm... GOING to be? She IS a tease. :D
Rebecca's Oasis said…
pretty cute. My kids loved balls too when they were little.

What am I talking about - they still like balls. I find all shapes and sizes throughout the house.
Davola said…
I miss hanging out with Becky and Victor. I'm Jealous.

"nongli" = opposite of happy
DebbieLou said…
Yes, kids do seem to love balls. One of the first few words that Pierce learned to say was "ball". Balls and balloons almost always win them over, not to mention entertain them for a long time. :)

Popular Posts