Eva Genevieve


Eva : Hebrew, meaning Giver of Life

Genevieve: French, meaning Woman of the People
Born in the early morning of September 15th, 2007, Eva was the sweetest thing EVER!Not that I am biased or anything.

Labor was easy and relaxed (I wonder if that has anything to do with how she will be?? Joshua's was really long and trying...hmmm...)She was kinda tired and floppy at first, but she finally woke up and started to look around. She was never a sleepy baby like Joshua! She always wanted to be looking around at everything around her. I was suprised by how different she was from Joshua. He was so laid back, but Eva definately knew what she wanted and what she didn't.

We took Joshua and Eva to the pumpkin patch a month after she was born. I had to fight with Jeremy to get this picture. He said that there were too many bottom germs on it from people sitting on the giant pumpkin, but I knew that we would be sad if we didn't get a picture of her on the pumpkin! She stayed asleep the whole time.

She was such a sweet little baby. Jeremy and I loved to carry her around. The only one who seemed to mind was Joshua...and I don't blame him! It's hard being the first kid, I think.


Eva is definately a daddy's girl. She prefers him to anybody (even me sometimes!) Jeremy is always amazed at how much she loves him, and often says "I don't know why she loves me so much!"
The only thing that she found really exciting at Christmas was the paper. Everything else didn't mean much, but hey, there are lots of Christmases ahead! She was so cute in her fuzzy Christmas sleeper. Thanks, Annette and Corey!
Like Joshua, Eva is a water baby. She isn't as splashy as Joshua, but she loves the water. She sort of gives the water a test splash, and then gets more aggresive, but not so much that she gets water in her face. She is very careful and particular.
She is always smiley! SMILEY SMILEY! She is hardly ever sad. Only when she is hungry or tired (or being bothered) will she cry. I would too.

Eva loves her Pink Unicorn. When she was really small she would lose wrestling matches with it. I think she can take him now!
And she loves her big brother, who loves her too, but is sometimes a little too enthusiasic in his affection for her. I was sitting in the living room one day before Eva could crawl and Joshua came careening in with Eva right behind him...because he was dragging her by her hand. I got upset, but maybe I should have let it go since she was so happy about it!
My little thinker sat precariously in this chair. I was too afraid of her falling out that I never left her in it for more that a couple of seconds. She loved being in the middle of things, though!

I LOVE this picture of Eva! TWILIGHT ZONE! She didn't get it for a while that she should smile when I took a picture. She is a pro now.
She loves balloons. I don't know why I don't get more, since my kids love them so much. Perhaps they would lose their charm if we always had one. She thoroughly enjoyed this one until it's accidental assent into the atmosphere.
I hope she loves reading as much as her brother does! She loves books because they make a neat sound when the pages rip, and the binding is good when you are teething. Hopefully soon she will enjoy sitting with me and Joshua and listening to a good story.

Rolley-Polley!

Eva has decided it is too scary to walk at this point, but she is getting there! She stands up and leans against the couch, and sometimes side-steps with the assistance of whatever is around her, but even when I support her, she gets too scared and immediately lets go and sits. It's safer when you are 5 inches from the ground than 12.
She loves drawers and cupboards and prefers dishes to toys. It makes me wonder how toy companies make money.
Eva has brought so much joy to our little family, and I can't help but find delight in her happy little spirit. Happy Birthday my little Angel!

Comments

DebbieLou said…
Awe! She is a cute little tyke! So is that Joshua, but hey, what can you expect with such beautiful parents? Happy Birthday Eva!
Katscratchme said…
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!
As for the walking, Audrey was 13 months old before she really took off. Those cautious girls, you know. :)

Xswggwxz: The LONGEST word verification I've ever seen.
Anonymous said…
You are too nice, Debbie!
I feel like a bad parent because I am like "WALK EVA! WALK!" But it only makes her mad when I try to get her to stand and walk on her own, or even assisted. Silly girl...
Trillium said…
Nice retrospective! I wish that there had been digital cameras when I had babies. Hopefully, when we get to the eternities, baby "photos" and DVDs will be available to make up for all the photos I wish I had taken.
Anonymous said…
Yeah! No kidding...all those photos I lost when Josh was a baby...sigh...
Amy said…
Holy crap! She's cute!
Chris said…
Yeah, my kids were the same when they were younger. They always liked the Christmas paper more than the actual toys.

Also, with regard to the toy companies making money, it is because the parents are suckers for buying it. LOL. In fact, I am sure they make the toy look TOO cool so the parent will definitely buy it. The parent will say to themselves (like I do), man, I didn't have this when I was a kid. And then they buy it.
Chris said…
Speaking of those word verifications, you would think that if you are logged in, you wouldn't have to keep typing the word verifications. I wonder if you pay a fee it will stop asking you for it. It would almost make it worth it. I mean, comeon, what is this BS?

bjfudoac - this is some serious BS

Popular Posts