My newest venture...I am in BIG trouble!

So, after reading "Breaking Dawn," I decided that I needed to rid my house and home of it. And, since I am a frequent shopper at "Amazon" I decided to post my little book on there (I felt really guilty trying to sell this book since it is so atrocious) and somebody bought it! I actually sold two of my one copy and had to refund the poor person who fell victim to my blunder..ahem...I actually wanted to go out and buy another one and send that but it seemed a little silly. I sold another book, too, "Eclipse." I was so surprised that anyone wanted it, what with the new book out.
The problem with all of this is the immediate rush I got from selling those books...I immediately looked around my house for other things to sell on "Amazon" and had to tell myself to knock it off.
The only things I feel okay selling are things that I don't want my kids exposed to, ie. all of the "Twilight" series, movies with lots of swear words, lewdness, etc. I have some other things listed, but I am not going to turn my blog into a billboard. :D Except to say, that if anyone is hankering for a copy of A&E's "Vanity Fair," I am selling my copy for $1.99 + shipping. Hehehehe!
This could be really bad....REALLY bad....

Comments

Trillium said…
I have some books I'd like to unload--how'd you like to be my "broker"?

Of course, now that I have inadvertently contaminated my grandson with "Twilight," I'd like to get it out of the house before I accidently corrupt someone else.

I'd also like to get rid of that huge embarrassment: The Pillars of the Earth. I wonder if Costco would give me my money back?
Tiffany said…
It's good to hear an honest review of the twilight series. I'm one of the few who haven't read it, so I'm glad I didn't!

By the way, you are a very entertaining writer! I love reading your posts, you're so creative about how you say things.
Anonymous said…
That's EXACTLY how I felt, mom! But, still...Unfortunately, what with shipping costs, and packaging, I broke even...:( but, I at least know how it works now. $22 bucks for shipping...grrrr....
Are you back now, Tiffany?? I was missing you at church!
leafhopper said…
You should have tried KSL.com it's free and local so no shipping. yeah. We have sold and bought stuff on it. Love it!
Anonymous said…
Good idea! Do you think anyone would buy my copy of "a river runs through it"? Hmmm
Chris said…
$22 for shipping? Are you a noob, or what?

You could try selling stuff on e-bay. That is pretty good. And, when you mail stuff, send it media mail. That will only cost a few dollars (package AND postage).

Well, I am glad that I never got bamboozled into reading those vampire books. Someone I know had the audacity to say that they were better than the Harry Potter books! How absurd! They are not even in the same class. Even though it was bound, and it had pages in it, I don't think it was even a real book.

Or, another thing you can do is create a website called daraslist.com, and sell all your stuff, you know, like craigslist.com. Just steal their idea. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

But, really, the best place to sell anything is on e-bay, because you get ratings! Everyone loves ratings!
Anonymous said…
You get ratings on Amazon too...but I guess I am a noob when it comes to postages. I even asked the guy at the post office "is that the cheapest postage I can get???" and he was like "Well, it's over the weight limit for regular mail, blah blah blah..." That's the LAST time I bubble wrap a book for people I don't know...
Trillium said…
Hey Chris, great idea! Besides making me laugh, you gave me an idea: paulslist.com! -- your father frequently tells people he needs a bigger house so he can have a huge library room where he can keep ALL of his ZILLION books on display. Maybe you can inspire him to SELL all his stuff -- and use the money for a down payment on a CONDO! LOL
Chris said…
Yeah, it really wouldn't be that hard to setup a page. KSL is a pretty sweet way of doing it because there is no expense in doing it. Keeping it local is a good way of doing it. And, if push came to shove, you could keep some of the books you wanted to sell here at my house in SLC, since some people don't like to drive to BFE Orem.

Popular Posts