God's Garden, my bog!

My mom recently posted a blog that had to do with what kind of flower she was in God's Garden. I found it rather charming, and decided that I should make further comment on my blog because I felt like it!



My mom says she is a "shrinking violet." It made me think of what other people I know would be, and what I consider myself.




So, I am going to make a list of the people I know who read and comment on my blog, and hopefully none will be offended by my attempt to assign a genus to each of you! So, this isn't a blog, it's a bog!



Full of wild life and foliage!





Mom: She has already said she is a shrinking violet, but has conceded she is a Trillium. I find these flowers particularly charming (like my mother), beautiful, simple, but elegant. These flowers are rare, just like my mother, and it is necessary to just look, and not pick a Trillium, because it hurts them...Awww....Trillium mean "triplet" but it always makes me think of the Godhead, and considering the nature of my mother, it makes sense!





Dad: I initially thought dad would be some kind of cactus: dry and prickly (LOL),




but I don't think so now...I think my dad is some kind of Water Lily, complete with frog. Buoyant, he rises above and is supportive and playful. :D Like the Water Lily, Dad is hardy! They spread with ease, and while attractive, are also known to take over and are hard to eradicate. Heheheh...They also symbolize purity of heart.




Emily: Emily would be something exotic, I think, like a Bird of Paradise.

Bright and colorful, and not like anything else in the world,




she stands out from all the rest, unafraid! These tall flowers are visited by Sunbirds, and their pollen is lifted up on the feet of these birds and carried to other plants, as Emily's ideas rise up on the wings of inspiration and enrich others! This flower represents magnificence, excellence, royalty, and paradise!




Tammy: I think Tammy is like my mom, a shy, unassuming flower, but strong and unexpected! Like a Johnny Jump up, popping out of unlikely places! For some reason, you seem purple to me, Tammy! These flowers are also known as "heartsease," which I thought was fitting and sweet! They also have medicinal uses, which I also thought fitting, considering your occupation!




Jennifer: You would be a bright, happy flower like this: Bright, cheerful, and bringing joy to others with your unrestrained love! The sunflower was associated with the Sun Deity, probably because of how it always turns it's head towards the passing sun! Very symbolic... :D



Chris: You, my friend, are a tumble weed. You survive in extreme circumstances, and roll with the wind, laughing the whole time! In the autumn, the tumble weed breaks off of the root, and spreads their seeds far and wide, springing up with new life! The great thing about these plants is that the root brings forth another plant, continuing in the growing process again and again, while sharing itself with the world.

Rebecca: Nothing could say "Rebecca" like a red rose! Classic and romantic, full of gentle strength! These flowers were a symbol for a secret, and often were placed on the doorstep where confidential meetings were taking place. They also represent the wounds of Christ, and also the blood of Christian martyrs. (If you haven't read Becky's blog you should! This interpretation is rather accurate!)




Amy:Ah, Amy! You are definitely something bold! A bright, bold Lily! You aren't afraid to shine, or speak your mind! Lilies can grow in multitude of places, but prefer non-acidic ground. :) The lily is the symbol of innocence, purity, and beauty!

Tiffany: Gentle and lovely, you are definitely a Cherry Blossom! You are not only charming, but you bring forth great fruits! The Cherry Blossom, or Sakura, was the preferred plant for poets and singers to perform under. The Cherry Blossom symbolizes feminine beauty and principle, and is an omen of good fortune and an emblem of love and affection.





And lastly, is me! I, my friends, am a Dandelion! The Dandelion is sometimes in reference to the suffering of Christ, and wishes coming true, as well as persistence and survival. I don't know if they have any particular meaning about me, but I just love these little plants with their happy color, and their wistful nature! I also like the fact that they spread out and proliferate everywhere!


In God's Garden, every flower has it's place! God loves us all, for our diversity and uniqueness!

Comments

Katscratchme said…
Nice! I like this! You obviously put a lot of thought into these! :x Kisses for you!
Steve said…
That was a fun post.

I always knew I liked lilies! (Just ask Lily!)
Amy said…
(That was me, Amy.)
leafhopper said…
What a fun idea! Nicely put.
Trillium said…
Eloquent! Dandelions (greens) are also full of nutrients. They pop up just at the right time at the end of winter--usually the first thing that blooms--to nourish those starving for fresh greens (as in pioneer days). When we were kids we'd pick the blossoms and rub the yellow flower on each other's chins. If the yellow pollen ended up dusting someone's chin, they were said to love butter. :P
Rebecca's Oasis said…
Thanks for the comparison to a red rose! I love roses. I enjoy working with them and planting or grafting new varieties.
Anonymous said…
I love butter...yum....I hope you guys like what I did! I was surprised at how the simple idea became so complex. But, then again, we are complex people...
Chris said…
Heck yeah, me and dad are prickly! Cactuses and Tumbleweeds! SWEET!

What would the Wild Wild West be without Cactuses and Tumbleweeds? A big empty field!

Go Hondo!
Zaphod said…
Hmmmmm..... That's all we cactuses do. Hum and look around the desert for frogs.
Anonymous said…
LOL. I wonder if you could have a water lilly-Cactus...Would that be a Lactily? Or a ciltus? Or a Callytus? or a Licallytus? Licallytus..sounds like a disease...
Tiffany said…
Ok, so I was a little slow at looking at this...sorry! I think this has got to be the most creative blog I've seen! I think you have a gift of expressing yourself beautifully and writing creatively! Thank you for your sweet compliments! Cherry blossoms are pretty. :)
Anonymous said…
… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your dandelionheads.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend George

Popular Posts