CLEAN AT LAST!

You know that commercial with the lady who is in her house, straightening it, and then it cuts out and then back in to show her scrubbing her house with a toothbrush? That was me today...Except I'm not on drugs...Unless a banana and a fiber bar are drugs...the banana's a "no" but who knows what they put in that fiber bar??? Duhn, Duhn, Duuuuhhhnn........*Blood Curtling Scream*






I went through every room, scrubbing walls (Joshua thought he would add to the decor by sprinkling the walls with milk) and folding everything so it was "just so." I organized, sterilized, glamorized, and particularized everything...including the bird cage...I actually had to dump one of the babies out because it refused to budge from the nest.



After shaking the nest upside down, the bird finally grabbed onto the perch. Who knew that Society Finches were so stubborn?


I must say that cleaning the bird cage was the most satisfying of all the tasks.

There is nothing like cleaning out two inches of bird doodle (I kid you not!) Of course, all they do is eat...



After boiling the nest in lye, I put it back in, but the birds wouldn't have anything to do with it. I could see the tiny cogs going. I would imagine it would sound something like this:


"Food food food food food food. ALERT! (my hand goes it) STRANGE FIVE-HEADED WORM ATTACKING!(I retreat) Food food food food food food. ALERT! (my hand with nest) STRANGE FIVE-HEADED WORM ATTACKING! HOME RETURNED. SOMETHING AMISS. CHECK OUT. (they jump around it, on it, near it) SEEMS FISHY, PERHAPS SHOULD STAY AWAY IN CASE HOME EATS US AND BABIES. PERHAPS WE WILL SIT ON PERCHES. HOME SCARY. DANGEROUS. SNEAKY WORM. TRICKSIE HOBBITS.................................................FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD."



They ended up sitting on the perches really close together.




They eventually decided that it wasn't so bad, and discovered their home had a lot more space. Silly birds.








Comments

Katscratchme said…
You are too funny! I wish I had such a way with words as you have.... sigh... writer-envy...
Chris said…
You know what is the worst thing in the house is to clean? The shower. In particular, the drain. Every few months, I have to take out the screws and pull off the cover, and out comes the wookie. If I wait long enough, the wookie has had babbies.
Anonymous said…
It was just funny because of the pictures! if you took out all the pictures it would just be stupid. *Joshua Screaming* "DON'T SAY THAT WORD!"
Anonymous said…
LOL! Jeremy made a Wookie mating call after he read your comment, Chris...LOL! Baby wookies....LOL..
Zaphod said…
Bird doodle... Hmmm... Maybe if we hung the babies out on the clothes line the removal of baby doodle would be easier.
Rebecca's Oasis said…
The pictures were great! Too funny. I understand bird doodle. You should see the mess in the Hen House. I fell like scrubbing it down too. :)
Tiffany said…
ok, you're just too funny!

Popular Posts