Babies! Wait, OH NO!

My sister has been hounding me about getting pictures of my baby birds, and I have been putting it off because the new parents are extremely protective and I didn't want to fry the babies' brains with the flash on my camera. So, tonight, I pushed my camera through their little cage door, and tried to poke Toffee and Cricket so they would get off their babies, whom they were sitting on. They refused to budge, until I let the flash go and Toffee furiously tried to escape, squashing babies on his way out. Men...

Cricket, on the other hand, stood by her babies, and when I attempted to poke her out of the nest, she hissed at me. I got one good picture of the babies...awwww!

BABIES, MY FOOT! THEY ARE FULL GROWN! They just can't fly yet...and they look a little unkempt...It sort of reminds me of how adults refuse to leave their parents' homes and mooch off of them until the parents get tired of it and throw them out: "Sink or swim, kid!"

Kind of like when I was engaged...hmmm...My dad was happy to see me engaged to a person who walked upright (any person...), and happily bid me farewell, and moved me out of my bedroom...a week before I got married. I was consigned to the dungeon in my parents basement, and had to share the room with my dad's old recording studio junk, oh, I mean, exquisitely kept vintage recording equipment...ahem...not that I am bitter by any means...

Comments

Amy said…
Those are pretty birds. What're you gonna name them?
Trillium said…
I laughed until tears rolled down my face ("Men...!") I told your dad and he laughed too and almost got in a car wreck as a result. I haven't had such a good laugh since you said:
Maybe I should just stand up next Sunday and shout in the middle of Relief Society "Oh YEAH?!! well ALL Y'ALL are going to burn for judging me!"
Thanks for the laughs
Trillium said…
P.S. I didn't tell him you called his stuff junk.
Zaphod said…
Junk, eh! I'll have you know that that junk paid for your education. There I was an aspiring songwriter standing by the side of the road with my little CD's holding a sign that read "Will sing for my daughter's tuition".
Trillium said…
Toffee reminds me of the morning in Simi Valley that I was sitting on your father's lap when an earthquake began rocking and rolling the house. Your father dumped me off his lap and ran for the front door yelling "EARTHQUAKE!!--everybody out of the house!!!" (or may he said "EARTHQUAKE--EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!" LOL
Anonymous said…
LOL! You all make me laugh! I haven't decided on names yet for my birds...Perhaps, Whiney and Whinier...Ick..
Chris said…
Heck yeah, what is up with people who smoooch off of other people, and live with them for a few years, rent free? Sheesh!

Every man for himself? What' wrong with that? Did you ever watch Sienfeld when George Costanza knocked every one over, including kids, when there was a fire in the building? It was the epitomy of 'every man for himself'. LOL

Popular Posts