WHOA Blast from the PAST

So, my sister IMed me yesterday (or was it the day before? I can't remember...My days all run together into one long blob...) and told me she had found some of our old friends on Facebook. I immediately began searching Facebook, and lo and behold, there it was...my past, sprung forward 10 years. Weird. It's a little bit like the twilight zone. Some people haven't changed a bit, but others...WHOA! I am a little apprehensive about revisiting old friendships...High school, like it was for most people, wasn't always the greatest. Has 10 years given me enough time to grasp a hold of my own mind and self confidence? I sure hope so, because I hated that in high school. I could barely look people in the eye. Let's just say that home schoolers weren't exactly the popular kids. Oh well. I just need to tell myself that it was 10 YEARS AGO...It reminds me of a scene from "Never been kissed" (It's a little scary how much I relate to that movie) where she flashes back to her high school experience and all the students in the cafeteria are screaming "JOSIE GROSSIE! JOSIE GROSSIE!" Except, I washed my hair everyday, and instead of people shouting embarrassing things, they just ignored me. Either way...It took me a whole year after high school to start being the person I was before high school. The technicians at the orthodontist office I went to commented on it, and I realized it was true. Thank heaven for college. Small ponds create more havoc on a little fish than in an ocean. You don't have to fight as much for space or a place to feel comfortable when there is more room. Sigh...sheesh, I am too old to hang on to old self-consciousness! It's amazing how memories can stir up all sorts of feelings.

Comments

Amy said…
DARA! I'm so glad you're a blogger...and that I found you. I am a bloggin' freak.

Your kids are UH-dorable! I knew Joshua was...but your little girl is too cute. How old is she now?

You're funny. It's hard to imagine that people ignored you in high school. What were they thinking?! They missed out.

Happy 5th Anniversary and Happy Birthday last week!

Popular Posts