Aren't they so cute and tender?

My kids are cute. C U T E. On the whole, they get along pretty well, but ever since Eva started crawling around, Joshua has had to put up all his toys (including her's because, dang it, they used to be his) so she doesn't get into his stuff. It's rather aggravating sometimes, breaking up their fights. Eva's high-pitched screech puts my teeth on edge.


I harbor the hope that they will some day be best friends, and hang out together, like I did with my brother, David. I remember David taking me shopping with him, asking me my opinion on his clothes, and driving me around in his truck. Best buds! Nevermind the fact that his nickname for me was "Slime #2" (Emily was slime #1).

Although you can't see it, Eva is holding a balloon. That same balloon was later swallowed up by the sky when Joshua took it outside and let go. We tried to console him by telling him it went up to Heaven, but that just made him cry harder. We tried a different tactic and told him that it went up into the atomosphere and POPPED really loud. He liked that, and talked about how he wanted to pop the balloon in the sky again. LOL. The above scrunchy face was a gift from Jeremy to Eva. He makes the same face to her all the time and so she decided that was the best smile for the camera.


Comments

Amy said…
Man, the are CUTE! You're right. I love Eva's gummy little smile.

Ahhhh, a brother's love..."Slime #2!" That's so funny.
Faith said…
Like mother like daughter: high pitched screams that set one's teeth on edge. LOL
Chris said…
That's too funny. Dave and I call each other slime too. But without the number attachment. Maybe because neither of us want to be called #1 or #2. It's not a competition thing, it's just what #1 and #2 associate to. Did David laugh every time he said it? You know, guys have a weird sense of humor, and everything has more than one meaning.. you know, like inside jokes.

The only time I tell my kids something went to heaven is when I flush a bug down the toilet. I tell them that the bugs went to potty heaven. But, they don't cry, they laugh.
Anonymous said…
LOL. No, he never laughed...he only laughed when I corrected him that I was #2....Now I am slightly disgusted and offended...! LOL!

Popular Posts