And then there was Joshua

My son is an instigator: where he goes, other children follow. Namely, Eva. She worships her older brother. In the morning, on the rare occasion that Joshua is still asleep, Eva will crawl down the hallway and put her hand on Joshua's door and make inquiring sounds. Their interaction is extremely cute, and I love to watch them together. Except for yesterday...I was sitting on the couch cutting out quiet book patterns when I heard a sighing "Aaaaagghhhh....." I looked up and Eva was lying down on the kitchen floor and Joshua was sitting on her like she was a chair. I can't tell if he just likes to squash her or if he really thinks she enjoys it. One thing is for sure, he is ALL boy. And Eva is ALL girl. She likes to hold her hands "just so." And he has to walk around the house like he is proving he is a man. I don't know where he got the strut, but it's not from Jeremy. Maybe Joshua is making up in bravado what he lacks in height. I find myself boggled most of the time with my little boy, and struggle to understand him. I suppose that is why Heavenly Father put him in my family, so that I could learn to appreciate my little boy. Plus he is in the inbetween stage where he knows a lot, but not everything, and I suppose I expect too much from him. I mean he is only 3...sheesh....

Comments

Popular Posts