I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

So, I was reading my sister Emily's blog and was highly amused by her real-life experience of contacting a celebrity. I told her I would never do that because inevitably I would end up going stream-of-thought on the person and probably thrown in jail for harassment. But, I thought I would post the letter/conversation I would have loved to have had with my biggest Idol, David Lanz, composer extraorinare! Ahem: Here goes...

Dear Mr. Lanz, I have enjoyed your music since I first heard "Christophorie's Dream" Back in 1995, and ever since then have really enjoyed your other compositions. I have found however, that when you play all of your music in sequence, it is like one long repeat, which is enjoyable, but sometimes it makes my arms tired, and then I just end up throwing all your books in the closet and pull out Mozart or Brahms to clear my mind. Do you think you will ever come to Provo again? I went to a concert you held at the Provo tabernacle back in 2002. I wasn't going to go because my ex-boyfriend refused to get me a ticket and kept taunting me that he had some (his mom actually organized the production and you stayed at her house for a visit, I believe, because Dallas (My ex-boyfriend) said his mom bought coffee for you.) and as it turned out he got me a ticket anyway, and I alternately laughed and cried during the concert because of how beautiful it was and how clever and funny you were, and how depressing it was that the man I equally loved and hated was sitting 10 feet away from me and we refused to even look at eachother for the 3 hour concert. Anyway, huge fan! "
Or something like that...
Sigh..Oh David Lanz! How I admire you!

Comments

Popular Posts