I AM GOING CRAZY!




SO, my son is going to be four in October. FOUR. AND HE STILL ISN'T potty trained. So, as a dutiful little mommy, I scoured the internet looking for my solution. THERE ISN'T ONE THAT DOESN'T COST ME $ 29.99 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING. Everytime I think about my son and how he won't go potty, or won't eat dinner, or won't eat his favorite food when I ask him to I think of what it must have been like 100 years ago when there weren't theories on how to potty-train your child without "damaging his self-esteem" or "pushing him when he isn't ready." Back then it was "here is the outhouse, make due with what ya got, kid." Same thing with food: if you didn't like what you were served, you died. Why is it that all of us 20-30 something parents pander to our kids every whim? "You want some cheesy crackers? Okay!" "You want some cookies? Okay!" "You want to eat butter straight from the container? Okay!" "You want to wear diapers until you graduate with your PhD? Okay!" I think my sister-in-law may have something with having her kids wear cloth diapers. The kids feel wet when they piddle, and thus they don't want to wear them. The diaper companies, on the otherhand, take time and trouble to make it so your child doesn't get wet...thus ensuring that you keep buying diapers. You see, if your child doesn't feel wet, he doesn't want to have his diaper changed. He is content just to carry around his dirty business. And the diaper companies know this. The kids aren't uncomfortable, and so they see no reason to be potty trained. Sneaky, huh? Let's ensure that everyone is wearing diapers for the rest of their lives. As a result of all of this, I have decided that my son will never wear a diaper again. He will just have to deal with his moist pants and I figure someday he will decided that it isn't fun anymore. He came up to me 5 minutes ago and said "Mommy, I'm wet." I replied, "Oh well." He didn't like that answer, but I have to stick to my guns. I am not really looking forward to having to supervise him while he rinses out his poopy underwear, but I figure if it means he isn't in diapers when he is in high school it is worth it.

Comments

Angela said…
hi, my name is Angela. I am Tammy's cousin and I fouhd your blog on hers. I was just glancing over it and the potty training caught my eye. I laughed out loud. I like people who tell it like it is. My kids would have never made it in the olden days. My 5 yr. old lives on cheesy poofs and hot chocolate. I thought I had it bad with my 2 1/2 yr. old who screams if I even mention the toilet. School is out Friday and I am making him go naked until he is trained. If he drops a big steamer on my carpet he'll have my handprint on his behind. he he
I'm with you girlfriend, all the way. Clean underwear or die!
Angela said…
By the way I hope you don't get on my blog to see who I am and hear the Barney music. I try to put a music theme to my blogs. It was a joke to go along with preschool. I'm really not that cheesy.

Popular Posts