Eeyaaaa

This evening is the end of day five of potty training....and I have a feeling it is going to take a really, really, really long time for Joshua to decided that carrying around his piddle isn't fun anymore. It's been a lot of "Do you need to go potty?" "Noooooooo!" and then five minutes later he comes up to me proudly and says "Look!" pointing to his wet pants. Sigh...There is also a lot of sneaking off and filling his drawers with poo poo during the 30 seconds I am not paying attention...You would think that a toddler would be disgusted by having to wash out his own poopy underwear in the toilet, but he just sloshes his dirty undies around with more gusto that I have seen anybody do anything. He evidently thinks it is great fun to play in a toilet that I have told him over and over again not to play in...I don't think parents were meant to win any battles with their children. I think we are being "trained" as it were, not the other way around. Trained for what I have no idea. Oh well. My mother-in-law informed me that it is perfectly normal for a child to not potty train until they are four or five, but now that I am already on this road, and as tempting as it would be to slap a diaper on my kid, I think I need to just see it through...I think I am going to cry.

Comments

Popular Posts